What to Look For
- What are your first impressions?
- What makes the facility welcoming or off-putting?
- Does the building fit into, or contrast with its surroundings?
- Does it look like a church? Is that an asset or liability?
- Does the facility seem dated?
- Does the facility seem well-maintained?
- Does the church appear to be “open for business” even when services are not in session?
Why It Matters
“We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way….”
(2 Corinthians 6:3-4, NIV)
Depending on who you ask, the time it takes for someone to decide whether they like what they see is between 2 seconds and 15 minutes – not long by any standard.
Room x Room posts are brief examinations of the nature, purpose and potential of typical spaces used in ministry. Our intent is to help users see and consider how each component contributes to (or hinders) the ministry it serves.